Psychotherapeutic expressive art therapy processes, awaken the creative life-force energy. Art comes from a deeper emotional which provides a process of self-discovery, insight, exploration of unconscious material, release of energy, and solve problems. We use art as a language to communicate our inner truths.
Art Therapy processes make contact with your unconscious.
You do not have to be an artist. The focus is on the process and journey rather than the end result.
The symbolic quality of the art imagery and the focus on imaginative expression is used to encourage individuals to explore ideas, feelings and issues including:
· Releasing / expression of thoughts and emotion
· Making sense of internal and external confusion and dissatisfaction
· Enhancing communication skills in relationships
· Providing a non-verbal avenue for expressing feelings or experiences that may be
too difficult to verbalise.
· Art is used as a means of non-verbal communication where conscious and
unconscious expression can be a valuable tool for therapeutic change.
· Restoration of sense of identity
· Increase insight, self-awareness and spontaneity
· Experiencing pleasure and a sense of achievement